Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kindness and Ugly pictures

I always try to use our letter of the day/week in the morning message, so today I wrote Have a kind day.  At the end of the day I asked if anyone had noticed anyone else being kind.  Sometimes it is easy to see kindness in ourselves, but I was impressed by how many children could think of something someone else had done: my buddy was kind to me at recess, someone held the door open for me, someone shared the playdoh with me, somebody played with me... 

 We have started our new theme, Taking Care of God's World, so we all drew beautiful Creation pictures.  Then we made them ugly with trash and 'pollution'.  This is the one time when we can call someone's picture ugly (and it makes them giggle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.