Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bible quote

Today we started talking about parables (which we defined as stories Jesus told to teach people about the Kingdom of God) and we began with the Parable of the Good Samaritan.  First of all, parables are somewhat abstract.  The class had a hard time understanding that this story did not actually happen, it was just a story Jesus told to teach us about our neighbors.  But I digress. 

The story went something like this:
A man asked Jesus, "Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"  Do you know what that means?  [insert blank stares intermingled with children shaking their heads and saying "no."]  He meant, "What do I need to do so I can live in heaven with God?"
"You have to die!"

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.