Friday, February 24, 2012

Zebra diversity

It never ceases to amaze me how very differently children's projects turn out. Zz is one of those harder letters in terms of finding activities. Once again, thanks to Mrs. Karen's blog for the idea. I'm guessing her zebras were done with a lot more adult help, since her class is preschool, but I love how ours turned out - each one unique.

We started by tracing our shoe and cutting it out. Then they had to cut a neck. I suggested a thick one, but... Then they drew and cut out ears (I did help draw some ears). After putting the pieces together, they had to find same size googly eyes, glue it all together, and then paint the mane and stripes.

This is more or less how I envisioned the project turning out.
"Miss Vis, can I put dots for the nose?"The spotted giraffe-looking version. (Green was a popular background color because it 'looked like a jungle'.)
I like the one eye that gives the zebra a whole new perspective.
The criss-cross zebra that probably would have ended up completely black because someone was just having so much fun painting (and the shoe is backwards - the larger part was supposed to be the nose)
The big eyes were by far the favorite. Maybe I should buy more.
A very black zebra from another painting enthusiast
Sorry this one is sideways. The left side is supposed to be the bottom. This one just makes me laugh.
If you can't find big googly eyes, find tiny ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.