Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I have the sweetest class

 One of my sweet students brought me cookies and a picture this morning.  

The whole class was great today.  One child fell right after recess and I walked her to the office to get an ice pack, telling the rest of the class to go in the classroom and get out their snacks.  When I came back, they were all sitting down, eating and talking quietly.  :)  

After lunch we had a student read a book about Big Bugs to us.  She did a great job.  Later when I read a book, another student held all the pages as I turned them.

 Here are a few of our centers for the week: beads (fine motor skills)
 building with blocks
 and writing signs
 
(school is broken)
Coloring (more fine motor skills)
 Today we started Drawing Club.  This is something I started last year.  During free choice centers we do an extra drawing activity - just one more way to get kids drawing/writing.  Calling it a club just makes it sound cool.  Technically it's optional, though it will be mandatory for a few students |(but they don't know that yet :) We had 100% voluntary participation this time.  Since I'm not all that skilled at left-handed drawing, today we had an illustrator, Rich Davis, show us how to draw a doodle bug.  Hooray for the projector.  :)
 We also pulled out the balance board for some gross motor fun.
 
My apologies for some of the picture quality.  I'm still working on the one-handed thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.