Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Reading

Today we were reading some environmental print. I chose some very familiar packages (and threw in a little culture with Canadian Smarties) and everyone could read these words today! The wonderful things about environmental print are that it is everywhere, and that it boosts children's confidence in their reading ability.And can I just say that my class this year loves to feed the trash monster? It borders on obsession. "Miss Vis, can I feed the trash monster?" "Miss Vis, the trash monster almost ate my arm!" "Miss Vis, do you feed the trash monster at night?". . . Last year's class didn't really care, but this year, they are really into it. I'm happy as long as the trash ends up where it belongs. He gets pretty full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.