Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Solomon's Request

More from last week... we heard the story of Solomon becoming King over Israel and how God came to him in a dream and said to ask for whatever he wanted. Before giving Solomon's request for wisdom, I posed the question to the class: if God said to ask for any one thing, what would you ask for? I wish I could have recorded the answers, but the following are what I remember.

My Daddy to be home every day

Have lots of Scooby Doo movies

Quack like a duck when I'm be old enough

Fly a helicopter by myself (No, it was not the helicopter pilot's son)

Obey God

Live in a big mansion and all my friends can come over

Stay home with my mom until Jesus comes back

Serve the Lord

Have a lemonade stand

I was amused, but also impressed. They did not all ask for things, but some wanted something more Godly, and some showed they valued relationships.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me both laugh & cry. What a precious class you have!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I enjoy knowing who has visited the blog.